Two years ago today I married the love of my life, my James. So much has happened since then, and yet so much has stayed blissfully the same. Let’s do this in bullet point fashion.
- We are still newlyweds. We still feel like newlyweds. We plan on always being newlyweds.
- We still live in our lovely little house in Maryland. I still can’t keep up with it, but James can, and I’m learning. (My parents are also a huge help.)
- We still have our adorable little bunny, Brownie. He loves his Nana and his favorite uncle is Luke.
- We’ve been on 3 major trips together: St. Thomas, The American Southwest, and England
- We’ve changed our eating habits together and are now both devotedPaleo/Whole30 people.
Here are some things we’ve learned:
- Marriage is an awesome gift. The grace from the sacrament is real, tangible and life changing.
- Infertility is a B*tch. We’ve learned so much about grief and emotional suffering.
- Adoption is confusing. When should we start? Should we ever? Do we have another vocation?
- Spending Sundays together as our “family day” is one of the best and most important things we do.
- Living as a family of 2 is beautiful, wonderful and rewarding. We’re just not sure if God has other plans for us or not.
- It’s ok and normal to be in different places in your spiritual journey. Just remember to always lift each other up.
The last two years have been the best time of my life. Marriage is everything I hoped it would be, and more. I know that this is rare, a real blessing and nothing short of a miracle. I pray that in the years to come we can remember what we know now: that we’re on the same road, even though sometimes we’re looking out different windows.
Happy 2nd Anniversary to my best friend and love of my life, James. ❤